17 January 2009

A Shared Life

I came into being a little more than 10 years ago. It was the time when Mr. B's (pictured here as a toddler) life was at its lowest point (according to him). So it was a daunting mission for me from the moment I went home with him. He said my close set button eyes are expressive - one moment kind and tender, the next wild and intense - that they brought him comfort and assurance. And I thought to myself, just maybe my eyes are a reflection of his - his every mood and emotion as he goes through this rollercoaster ride of life.

In the 10 or so years together, I've seen every ups and downs, every joy and disappointment, every tear and laughter. He said I am his best friend forever. Maybe so. As he embark in this wonderful journey called life, I shall see it through my eyes; to record every detail that made it so fascinating and interesting. I would be the small voice of his big life, the small eyes of his big and complicated world.

No comments:

Post a Comment

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails