12 February 2009

I Do Not See The Point

One of the most fascinating things about humans is the way they go out of their ways to find a partner in life. They dream about it, aspire for it, fight for it, even die for it. For us bears, it is just mating. Mating, according to Charles Merriam and Noah Webster (not the owner of The Source), is the act of joining together or fitting together, but nothing is said about the duration of time. So my little bear mind presumes that one would hold on to the joining or the fitting until the elements won't join or fit anymore.

I have witnessed Mr. B. going through a lot when one of those "joinings and fittings" didn't work out the way he wanted it to. It brought out the worst in him, the very worst a person can ever be, in fact. Then I see some of his friends and people around him, those who seems to me like finding a mate is the sole purpose of life and living.

I do not see the point.

I do not see the point of having a mate and see each other only once a week.
I do not see the point of having a mate and not stand sleeping in the same bed.
I do not see the point of having a mate and not have anything in common to share.
I do not see the point of having a mate and having to beg for a little intimacy.
I do not see the point of having to go through all the trouble to ultimately find one that you will eventually part with in the future.

I do not see the point. And I would rather eat snow.

No comments:

Post a Comment

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails