26 February 2009

To Say Goodbye


Mr. B. learned today that his friend Daniel succumbed to cancer. He is in his 30's. This is his open letter to him:

"I was saddened by the news today - saddened and wondering why you left your family and friends at such a young age. I will always remember you and San Francisco. That Halloween Night 10 years ago when I arrived in that crazy city and was overwhelmed by the festivities in Market Street. You were there to show me around, to make sure I was fine. I remember the bean burrito lunch in Union Square and coffee in Virgin (or was it HMV?). Those were some of the happiest days of my life, and I thank you for being there for me. Last night I lit a candle in your honor, praying that you may somehow get through these hard times. But I learned today that you were gone forever.

I will always treasure the memories of your friendship, your generosity, your quirkiness. Thank you for walking this way. And to D. and B., I understand how hard it must be to lose a life partner and a great buddy. Be strong.

Goodbye, my friend. "

No comments:

Post a Comment

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails