02 September 2009

Food, Glorious Food!


While having his dinner tonight, Mr. B. told me that something has been bothering for days now.

"I can't get it out of my mind! The image is so vivid like it's haunting me!" he said.

I thought someone in the farm is worrying him again but he said no.

"Ravioli." he said. "I want to make ravioli. I have to make ravioli!" he declared.

"Who or what could have possessed you to think of that for days?" I asked.

"I don't know. I just have to - make fillings, wrap in pasta dough, boiling, making sauce... I need to get it out of my system!" he answered.

"That is very, very strange. Maybe you have been starving yourself too much lately, that is why all you think is food!" I explained.

"Meat or cheese filling?" he asked me ignoring my comment.

"Meat."

"Squares or rounds?"

"Rounds."

"Tomato or cream sauce?"

"Cream."

"Cheese on top?"

"Shaved parmesan."

"Black pepper?"

"Only if it's freshly grounded. But wait! Have you done this before?"

"No. But I have rehearsed it in my mind like a million times the past 7 days!"

I've heard that hunger can bring out the creativity in a person. But with Mr. B. living on green salad and fruits everyday in view of his wanting to lose weight, he must be starved and starting to imagine things. The vision of food must be like an apparition to him, like a parched person seeing an oasis in the desert. Poor Mr. B.

"Don't make too many," I told him. "I only want 8 of them."

3 comments:

Belina said...

Hello, Becker.
How did the Ravioli go? Was it good? I've been wanting to try to cook it to but I haven't tasted a real good one here, so I don't dare do it since I can't compare it to the one I tasted. I bought canneloni(noodle) a while ago, will try it sometime and let you know the outcome. Will try to take a picture of it (if successful) and post it in Facebook.

Anonymous said...

Hahahahahaha! Dear Becker, pls told Mr.B that i will really expect to see his ravioli lunch box Monday.
sheep

Becker said...

Mr. B. ended up cooking Chinese instead of Italian because he realized that the dough for Chinese dumpling may not work well for an Italian dish. But then again, he cooks a lot in his imagination so I don't find the change strange at all.

Post a Comment

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails