03 October 2009

Love Slips Away


In my study of humans, I found that nothing is said, written, sang, drawn or filmed as much as love among humans. Yes, that four-letter word called love. While I am not exactly a fan of great love stories, I took to reading some of the classic stories of immense love affair, unrequited love, unconditional love and all the other varieties in between.

Many of Mr. B.'s friends are what humans call married, meaning, they attach themselves to one particular human and start building their little clans. Over the years, he has seen the best and the worst of them - from dreamy weddings to ugly break-ups.

"But I don't understand how two people who vowed to love each other at one point can after a few years become the worst of enemies?" I asked him.

"Love slips away." Mr. B. answered like an old wise man.

He told me stories about couples he know who had devastating break-ups, the running away and hiding, the affairs and infidelities; about how couples lost interest on each other to the point of not even physically touching each other. He told me that people grow apart and their differences that once make them unique and interesting becomes annoying, intolerable and unacceptable.
.
How sad.

I still don't understand how two people who vowed to love each other at one point can after a few years become the worst of enemies. Or at least become total strangers. Perhaps the love humans vow to each other was an illusion. A fantasy created by a moment of passion.
.
I don't think love slipped away. I think love was never there in the first place.

No comments:

Post a Comment

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails