12 October 2009

Sing Once More

.

video

On the 8th of October, Lord Andrew Lloyd Webber formally held a press conference to launch his new musical Love Never Dies, the sequel to The Phantom of the Opera, to be set in the turn-of-the-century New York, specifically Coney Island. Mr. B. of course, was elated by the announcement. I saw him watched the performance of a song lifted from the musical again and again, all teary-eyed.
.
"Now I have something to look forward to again!" he excitedly told me.
.
I am not a big fan of Andrew Lloyd Webber and I know that a lot of people don't like him as well. That is why I don't understand why Mr. B. thinks it is a great blessing and privilege to enjoy his music and/or watch his shows. Sure, he wrote music about great people, real and fictional - Jesus, Eva Peron, Jeeves, Joseph and Norma Desmond. He also wrote music about fun things - like trains and cats, and not-so-fun things - like soccer, mysterious woman, mysterious man and confusing love affairs. But he was also accused of plagiarism many times - from rock music to classic opera, although he was never formally proven guilty on anything.
.
Somehow, seeing Mr. B. so excited about the whole thing gives me some sort of relief. I know that he will be following this event very closely. As tedious as his life is now, perhaps it is good to have something "to look forward to".
.
Perhaps, Baron Lloyd Webber should write a musical called "Bears", then I would be a fan.
.



Video : Ramin Karimloo singing Till I Hear You Sing (Once More)

5 comments:

james said...

Christine died already. How can they have a part two?

Becker said...

to james: christine died in the movie but this musical sequel will be set 10 years after raoul and christine got married so she is still alive.

Fantom85 said...

I am also looking forward to the play!

siennalee said...

if andrew lloyd webber writes "bears", will you star in it, becker?

Becker said...

i just might...

Post a Comment

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails