24 January 2010

B. So Kewl


Russell Sprout, backpacking bear and aspiring travel show host talks to Mr. B., the elusive character in Becker’s Eyes but the proud guardian of the net’s most endearing bear in a very rare virtual interview on his birthday.
.
.
Russell: Happy Birthday, Mr. B.! For starter, can you please explain a bit about that photo?

Mr.B.: That was taken many, many years ago. Inspired from the Antoine Doinel character in the French movie Les Quatre Cents Coups. I just thought of it when my brother took that picture. A lot of people actually liked it. I am quite proud of it to tell you the truth.

R: So you like French movies?

B: I used to watch a lot of them when I was younger. Now I have an almost complete collection of Truffaut in DVD.

R: I am sure a lot of people can relate to that. Since it’s your birthday today, we are going to do something different. I am going to ask you random questions, and you are going to answer me with the first thing that comes to your mind.

B: Sounds fun to me!

R: Suppose you were having a dinner party and could invite three famous people, who would they be?

B: Nigella Lawson, Angelina Jolie and Shayne Ward. Nigella to help me in the preparation, Angelina for latest showbiz gossips which would be a great dinner topic and Shayne for entertainment. Makes sense?

R: Perfect sense. What did you want to be when you were 10 years old?

B: Twenty years old.

R: I am sure you still want to be 20 now. What would I find in your refrigerator?

B: Right now? Apples, ice cream, bottled tea, fresh eggs, butter and Chinese ham.

R: You can make a feast with that! Which South Park character are you?

B: I would say Eric Cartman. Would you agree?

R: Oh yes definitely. You are so Eric. So if you could have any super power, what would it be?

B: Be invisible at will.

R: Do you install toilet paper so that you pull from the top or the bottom of the roll?

B: From the top. Or from the left if the roll is standing. That goes the same with kitchen paper towels. Always. No other direction.

R: What would you do if someone gives you 20 million without any obligation right this moment?

B: In US Dollars?

R: Okay, let’s forget about that. What kind of salad dressing are you?

B: Caesar salad dressing.

R: Pasta sauce?

B: Cream with mushrooms, bacon and green peas.

R: Why haven’t you seen Avatar?

B: That kind of premise does not interest me at all.

R: What profession other than your own would you like to attempt?

B: Star of a hit West End musical. As Phantom in The Phantom of the Opera, then as Alex in Aspects of Love, as Judas in Jesus Christ Superstar. I will not do Joseph because I don't want to spend half the time on stage with only loin clothes. And I can't fo Starlight Express because I cannot rollerskate.

R: What profession would you not like to do?

B: The one I have now. Okay, edit this part out. I mean, seriously.

R: Who in the world, alive or otherwise, do you admire most?

B: Lord Andrew Lloyd Webber. I will kiss his feet when I meet him in person. Okay, his shoes maybe. Okay, maybe not. But I will be totally speechless.

R: Ever came close to meeting him?

B: No. But I did meet Sarah Brightman and told her how much I admire her. That’s close enough, isn’t it?

R: You can say that, yes. One final question before we end this interview. If you are granted one and only one wish today, what would that be?

B: Give me that 20 million. In US dollars.

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

Happy Birthday, Mr. B !!!
I'm the first one! HaHa ~~
Love U always!

From D.

Becker said...

D.!!!! what is your gift to Mr. B.???? We are planning to get together and sing Happy Birthday song to him and eat Boston Pie!!

siennalee said...

looks like you all are having one happy celebration at home! my best of wishes!

jamiemn said...

can you post a vid of all of you singing the birthday song??

Post a Comment

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails