29 January 2010

Bigger And Becker Part 2


How did I spend my 11th birthday? I just sat around at home because Mr. B. had to go to work. I was able to do a lot of contemplating, actually a bit too much contemplating for a bear. I was thinking what I want to be when I grow up.

I thought of the great humans that made great contributions to the world. I thought I want to be like one of them.

Maybe I can be as great as Leonardo da Vinci. He is a polymath, painter, sculptor, architect, musician, scientist, mathematician, engineer, inventor, anatomist, geologist, botanist and writer. Then I thought that is a bit too much to handle. It may take a few lifetimes for one to accomplish all of that.

Perhaps when I grow up I could be another Wolfgang Amadeus Mozart and influence an entire era with my music. Maybe not. Mr. B. once mentioned that I could be tone deaf.

Something more contemporary maybe. I could be a David Beckham and be popular in sports. People make a lot of money there. Then I thought I have to run and run and run around the entire football field and I got tired just thinking about it.

James Cameron! He is a great role model! I can make 3D animated movies of brown creatures in a make believe land named after a Greek goddess who opened a jar and was forever blamed for releasing all the evils of mankind, and make billions of dollars! Maybe not.

How about Michael Bloomberg? He is a politician, media magnate, billionnaire. But I heard that he is not a nice person, so I don't think I want to be like him at all.

Mr. B. came home with lots of food tonight - barbecued meat and duck, sausages, beef noodles, fried rice and vegetables. D. came to join us for dinner too. D. did not forget to buy me a cake because today is my 11th birthday. Mr. B. said I can have the cake all to myself because today is a special day for me.

As I look at the red cherry topping on my cheesecake, I thought of my other bear friends. I promised myself that someday, I will buy a bigger cake on my birthday so we all can eat together, I gave Mr. B. a bear hug and told him that when I grow up, I want to be just like him.

No comments:

Post a Comment

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails