12 January 2010

Blackberry


"What is that thing you're playing?" I asked wondering why Mr. B. has his face only about 2 inches from the device he is holding.

"It's called a Blackberry. It's really a wonderful thing to have." He said showing me his new toy. "I can receive and reply to emails, make and take phone calls, accept or check meetings and appointments."

"But why would you want to receive and reply to emails, make and take phone calls, accept or check meetings and appointments when you are already home." I inquired further.

"Oh, because I am being paid a lot of money which mean that I should be on call anytime of the day and any day of the week. I have to be sure that people who are looking for me can find me." he said as the red light started flickering again indicating new incoming mails.

"So that means you must receive and reply to emails, make and take phone calls, accept and check meetings and appointments anytime and anywhere?" I asked again.

"Yes, that is very true. Of course it has all these other functions too, like photos, videos, music, games, all of which I never and probably won't ever get to use." he patiently explained.

"I understand. Because a Blackberry is used to receive and reply to emails, make and take phone calls, accept and check meetings and appointments."

"Correct."

"Why do I have a feeling this will not get anywhere, Mr. B.?" I asked.

"I dunno..." he replied as his thumb rolled the trackball frantically.

It must be one of those days. I sighed a little and walked away from Mr. B.

5 comments:

Anonymous said...

Dear Becker,
I believe you will have more time on your blog, because Mr. B will be busy to receive and reply to emails, make and take phone calls, accept and check meetings and appointments all the time and don't have time to chat with you.
Sigh~
by panda

Anonymous said...

Dear Becker,

Pls tell Mr.B that his boss's boss had said, he would put his Blackberry in his suitcase and tell his colleague to reach him by homephone if immergency. Tell him to educate someone who has poor habit of using this gadget.
sheepmm

Becker said...

dear panda and sheepmm,

i plan to hide mr. b.'s blackberry while he is asleep before it's too late. i am worried he might start clutching it tightly in his fist while sleeping.... also to panda, mr. b. said that i am not polite to not thank you for the christmas greeting that you sent me. first of all, it was not a separate card. two, i will make it up to you by posting your picture in my blog. you can send me a picture of yourself in a lazy pose, eating pose or sleeping pose. i am sure that will not be hard because those are the things you do all the time. cheers!!!

Anonymous said...

Dear Becker,

you are right and wrong, i'm also busy watching TV and care about the enocomy when i'm awake.

panda

Becker said...

panda, i am sorry. i didn't know you watch tv and care about the economy 5 minutes a day.

Post a Comment

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails