15 January 2010

Defying Crabbity


This week has been particularly difficult for Mr. B. Firstly, his big tummy wasn't feeling very well for most of the days. Of course he only had the fried snack and Texas fried steak he ate Sunday evening to blame. Secondly, his second week affair with his new little toy called the Blackberry, which I renamed the BlackFairy, has already resulted in the invasion of his private time too much too often. As a result, Mr. B. has been quite grumpy all week.

"I am so looking forward to this weekend, Mr. B.! It's my blog's first anniversary!" I told him excitingly.

"Great." he answered flatly without even looking up. "I need some rest this weekend too."

"I wish I know a way to make you happier, Mr. B. It was a tough week for you."

"It has been. And I still have some work to finish over the weekend."

"Oh...can I help you?"

"I don't think so."

"Would you like me to say nasty things about the pfunny pfarm?"

"That won't change a thing, will it?"

"Let's buy a cake to eat and celebrate!"

"We'll see..."

Walking away dejected, a song started playing in my head. That song from the musical Wicked that sings of how one wants to live without limits, going against the rules that others have set. That scene where the misunderstood green witch enchanted a broomstick to levitate and, pursued by the Wizard's guards, rises from the ground above the angry mob, who tried in vain to "bring her down."

I wish Mr. B. could fly high above all the things that trouble him - including the evil witch that gave him the BlackFairy, so he won't be grouchy anymore.

No comments:

Post a Comment

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails