27 January 2010

His 24-Hour Day


"There should be more than 24 hours in a day!" Mr. B. announced upon arriving home tonight. "I can hardly do all that I need to do in one day."

I watched him running around the house muttering to himself, changing to house clothes, cleaning up a little, preparing dinner, then finally settling down on the couch to watch his favorite TV show while chomping down on fish soup and steamed rice.
It was already 2 hours later when he got off the couch to clean up his dinner mess, make a quick phone call to D., check his BlackFairy, fiddle with it for half an hour, clean out the garbage, then settling down again to check his emails and Facebook.

"There should really be more than 24 hours in a day!" he said again. "How can I ever do all that I have to do in one day?"

He told me he need to go to bed early because he has an early meeting tomorrow morning. "If only there are 30 hours in one day. That would be great." he said.

"I don't think it would make any difference, Mr. B." I told him.

"Why not?"

"Because then you will be spending 10 hours sleeping, 12 hours going to, staying and coming from work, and 8 hours running arund the house!" I amswered.

"That is true. But I will have 2 extra hours to watch TV!" he answered as he prepared to take his pre-bedtime shower.

No comments:

Post a Comment

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails