12 February 2010

Lost And Found



Yesterday, Mr. B. received his St. Valentine's gift from D. - an expensive Agnes B. cap which Mr. B. wanted but was reluctant to buy. It made him very happy to know that D. remembered the day when Mr. B. tried it on in the shop but decided not to buy it.
.
Too bad they will not be together on this special day because Mr. B. is taking his Lunar New Year holidays back home and D. had to stay to be with the family.
.
After D. left, Mr. B. tried the cap again and looked at himself in the mirror. He had come a long way since his first love, he told himself. When he was younger, all he could afford was a single rose. Not even a bouquet. Just one single rose from an expensive flower shop. It was a big deal for him. He said he was happy then, and he is happy now.
.
J. was Mr. B.'s first love from a lifetime ago. It was an innocent yet passionate 3-year until Mr. B. decided to leave home to pursue a better life abroad. He never saw J. again.
.
With W., it was a rollercoaster ride in all of the 3 years they were together. They were young, proud and indeed very happy until W. decided to leave home to pursue a better life abroad. It was hard on Mr. B. as history repeated itself with the roles switched. But they eventually become very good friends and still are. W. is married to a wonderful man in London and they are visiting us this March.
.
L. was a totally different story. It was a year of delirious passion. It was also a relationship that none of Mr. B.'s friends believed would last. Their break-up was devastating to Mr. B. and it was then that he had to undergo medication for depression. I entered the picture and provided the much needed solace. L. is now somewhere down under and they lost touch for their own good.
.
Then along came D. - the person that made Mr. B. believed in love again - gradually. Almost 7 years on, Mr. B. and D. are still together. They surprised even themselves for this feat. In D., Mr. B. found a friend, a lover, a confidant, a home.
.
They say in life, you win some, you lose some. Nothing can be truer for Mr. B. and I am very happy for him.

5 comments:

Sandra Yang said...

I love your story about Mr. B's romance. You are really a good observer. People get hurt and hurt others in love. As long as we keep loving ourselves and have faith that we deserve true love, I guess God would give you that...

Becker said...

dear sandra, on behalf of mr. b. thank you for your wonderful comment. i will show this to him. he will be very happy! keep coming back!

Anonymous said...

Becker, you "enlighten" with this story... Hmmm....and now that you're here with me, staying in my place for one whole week... I fear I might read my own story in your blog... OMG!!!
I thank you for taking care of my brother and keeping him company.. love you Becker! <3
Give my regards to D and B and to everyone else.

Becker said...

hello anonymous, i have only one philosophy in my blog. those who are nice to me, i will be nice to them (example, those who buy me new clothes). are you nice to meeee???

Anonymous said...

I guess.... I AM!!!! =D Haha!!!!

Post a Comment

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails