Hello and welcome to the first ever post of Easy Eats!! This new fortnightly feature will offer some great ideas on easy-to-prepare meals perfect for all the busy bodies! Today, I am featuring one of Mr. B.'s favorites - Quick Tuna Melt! This creamy and filling open sandwich is perfect for light dinner or weekend brunch with a tall glass of ice cold lemonade. Enjoy!
1 can tuna in oil
2 slices of plain white bread
2-3 tbsp real mayonnaise
Shredded sharp cheddar cheese
Freshly ground pepper
1. Drain oil from the tuna.
2. Mix tuna flakes with mayonnaise until smooth and creamy. Set aside.
3. Grill bread in toaster oven for 2 minutes.
4. Spread tuna mixture on the toast
5. Top with shredded cheese and freshly ground pepper
6. Return to oven toaster for another minute and a half until cheese melts.
Makes 4 open sandwiches when you cut into triangles.