08 May 2010

Elaborate Lives



I came across a very beautiful song today. It is from the musical Aida by Elton John and Tim Rice. Elaborate Lives talks about the unrequited love between Radames and Aida (go check your history). What I like about it is that it speaks so real not only about love of these two historical figures but also the lives of humans in general. Lives made complicated, I believe, by their own doings.

Sometimes I look at Mr. B. and wonders how he handled all of life complexities. Sometimes I do wish that things be much simpler to him. No more weight problems, no more employees issues, no more financial burden. Just him, us bears and D. going about our simple and happy days, living a simple and happy lives.

We all lead such elaborate lives
wild ambitions in our sights.
How an affair of the heart survives
days apart and hurried nights.
Seems quite unbelievable to me
I don't want to live like that.
Seems quite unbelievable to me
I don't want to love like that.
I just want our time to be
slower and gentler, wiser, free.

We all live in extravagant times
playing games we can't all win.
Unintened emotional crimes
Take some out, take others in.

I'm so tired of all were going through
I don't want to live like that.
I'm so tired of all were going through
I don't want to love like that.
I just want to be with you
Now and forever, peaceful, true.
This may not be the moment
to tell you face to face.
But I could wait forever
for the perfect time and place.

We all lead such elaborate lives
We don't know whose words are true
Strangers, lovers, husbands, wives
Hard to know who's loving who
Too many choices tear us apart
I don't want to live like that
Too many choices tear us apart
I don't want to live like that
I just want to touch your heart
May this confession be the start.


VIdeo: Adam Pascal and Heather Headley singing Elaborate Lives

No comments:

Post a Comment

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails