Are you hungry again? Welcome to the second installment of Easy Eats, where I will share with you some of my easy to make yet super delicious recipes straight from Mr. B.'s kitchen!!! Today, I am featuring penne pasta with all-meat sauce for all the meat lovers out there! I am dedicating this recipe to my loyal reader J.T. who is in search for the best pasta in town. Here it is!!!
Half a bag of penne pasta (check the cooking instruction and undercook by 1 minute)
3 strips of smoked bacon
1/2 kilo of ground beef
2 Italian sausages (whichever you like)
1 bottle Prego 4 cheeses sauce
Freshly ground pepper
Sugar (secret ingredient I learned from Mr. B.)
Your choice of spices (oregano, basil and thyme for me!)
Freshly grated parmesan cheese (not the one from the green bottle!)
1. Cook pasta (undercook by one minute) and cool it under running tap water. Set aside.
2. Cook finely chopped bacon in virgin olive oil until oil from bacon is released.
3. Add in half of the ground beef
4. Add in sliced Italian sausages.
5. When everything is cooked, pour in the entire bottle of pasta sauce plus half a bottle of water.
6. Turn heat to low, add the spices, salt and sugar to taste and slow simmer.
7. While the sauce is simmering, make meatballs with the other half of the ground beef and add them into the sauce to cook. Simmer for half an hour stirring constantly.
8. In another pot, heat 2 tablespoon of virgin olive oil.
9. Ladle sauce into the pot and add cooked pasta for another 3 minutes. Make sure it is not too watery!
10. Place pasta on a plate, sprinkle generously with shredded parmesan cheese and spoon some sauce on top. Enjoy!
See how easy it is? Of course you can use the same sauce to make other types of pasta!