24 July 2010

Easy Eats #5 - Salmon Fried Rice (Thai Style)


Today I am featuring one of my favorite food of all - salmon!!! In case you don't know, salmon is very rich in protein, is high in omega-3 fatty acids and rich in vitamin D, which is why we bears love it so much. This one dish meal is also very easy to prepare and is very nutritious. You can add other ingredients if you wish but I gave it a touch of the Orient by adding Tom Yum Paste. Tom Yum is characterized by its distinct hot and sour flavors, with fragrant herbs such as lemon grass, kaffir lime leaves, galangal, lime juice, fish sauce and crushed chili peppers. Just use ready-made paste in a bottle available in most neighborhood Asian store.

I am dedicating this recipe to my Easy Eats fan, Miss Jenny, who I learned is a loyal follower of my recipes! Enjoy !!

Ingredients:
3 cups cooked rice
Salmon, diced to 1 inch cubes
Frozen mixed vegetables (corn, carrot, peas)
1 egg
2 tablespoon Tom Yum Paste
Salt and pepper
Chopped green onions for garnishing

Instructions:
1. Cook salmon cubes in very hot olive oil until half done.
2. Add in mix vegetables and stir fry for one minute.
3. Add Tom Yum paste and mix thoroughly
4. Scramble egg and pour into the pan and stir immediately.
5. Add in cooked rice and keep frying until dry.
6. Season with salt and pepper.
7. Sprinkle with freshly chopped green onions before serving.

I like to have a tall glass of ice-cold coconut water to drink when I eat this to complete my Thai experience. Happy Eating! Don't forget to leave your message if you have any comments or requests!

No comments:

Post a Comment

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails