Hello my dear fans! It's time for Easy Eats and today I am featuring a very, very easy recipe that requires no more than 5 ingredients and less than 40 minutes to prepare. Best of all, it tastes heavenly, perfect for that lazy weekend lunch. I know this is not a very traditional way of making risotto but who cares if it's delicious?
1 cup uncooked rice (any variant will do)
1 cup button mushroom, sliced
1/2 cup Parmesan cheese, grated
Salt and pepper to taste
1. In a heavy skillet, melt the butter (but don't burn it!)
2. Add in the mushroom and cook over medium heat. Keep stirring until all the liquid is dry and the mushroom is brown.
3. Depending on the type of rice you are using, you may want to wash it first. But don't wash it too much because you need the starch to make your risotto "creamy".
4. Tip in the rice and start stirring. Add in one cup of water.
5. Keep stirring and keep adding small amount of water to make sure it doesn't dry up.
6. When is turns creamy and the rice is almost cooked, turn the heat to low and add in half of the Parmesan cheese. Add in mixed herbs, salt and pepper to taste. Did I tell you to stop stirring?
7. The finish product should be a little wet.
8. Place risotto on a plate and top with the rest of the Parmesan cheese.
9. Eat immediately.
Hints: If you want your risotto to be more flavorful, you can use chicken stock instead of water. Risotto is best eaten immediately or it will become lumpy very quick. Also, do not, I repeat, do not use grated Parmesan cheese from one of those green cans! Buy a block and grate it yourself!