There's a big storm this weekend so nothing is better than staying home, watching TV and making some comfort food! Speaking of comfort food, this is one of my favorite (of course). Easy to make Salmon Fish Cake! You can eat them with side salad or using a Thai hot and sweet dipping sauce.
5 medium size potatoes, diced
500 grams salmon
1 bay leaf
Salt and pepper to taste
1. Poach the salmon in boiling water with bay leaf and a little salt.
2. Flake the salmon (large chunks) when it is in room temperature. Set aside.
3. Boil potatoes with a little salt until thoroughly cooked. Drain all water.
4. Mash potatoes when in room temperature.
5. Tip in salmon, add thyme. Add salt and pepper to taste.
6. Refrigerate the mixture for about 1 hour.
7. Make patties with the mixture and slightly cover with flour and bread crumbs.
8. Fry in very hot oil on both sides until golden brown.
I was able to make 13 patties out of the mixture. Enjoy!!
1. Make sure the potatoes are drained very well when cooked. Do not add milk, butter or any liquid because that will make the mash too soft to hold together.
2. When frying, make sure the first side it thoroughly browned before turning so your cakes won't fall apart.