Hello my dear readers! This week's Easy Eats feature is quite special, just because this is the first time Mr. B. and I use the Le Creuset cookware he got as a gift to prepare this wonderful meal. Because D. loves seafood, we decided make Seafood Risotto. While Mr. B. said he would need some time to get used to the cookware (in terms of controlling the heat), we nevertheless came up with something that was not so bad! Here is the recipe!
1 cup uncooked long grain rice
6 large shrimps
8 pieces of sliced squid
2 cups of clams
6-8 pieces of mussels
3 cloves garlic
Salt and Pepper
Optional - Parmesan cheese
1. Heat some butter in the pan until melted and bubbling.
2. Tip in the shrimps, clams and squid.
3. Cover and simmer until clams are open.
4. Remove seafood and set aside . Keep the juice from the seafood in the pan.
5. In the same pan, saute garlic and onion until transparent.
6. Tip in uncooked rice and 1 cup of water.
7. Keep stirring and adding water until rice is cooked, while seasoning with thyme, Italian seasoning, salt and pepper. The rice should be creamy and wet. You may want to add more butter at this point.
8. Pour the seafood into the cooked rice and very carefully stir the mixture.
9. Arrange mussels on top of the rice.
10. Add a dash of freshly ground pepper and Parmesan cheese on top.
11. Cover for another 3 minutes before serving.
Easy isn't it? A great one dish meal for a lazy Sunday! I hope you enjoy this one!