There is corn chowder, there is seafood chowder and there is clam chowder. But I choose to combine them all in one pot to create Corn and Seafood Chowder! This is so easy to make with simple ingredients and short preparation time. Most importantly, it's delicious!!
1 can creamed corn
1/2 onion, diced
Assorted seafood tidbits (squid, shrimp, clam meat)
1 strip bacon, cut into tiny pieces
1/2 cup green peas and diced carrots
1/2 to 1 cup water or milk
Salt and pepper to taste
1. Melt butter in the pot, add bacon and saute until slightly brown.
2. Add onion and saute until slightly transparent.
3. Add in seafood. You can use squid rings, whole shrimps and clams with shell on if you like but I choose to use tidbits and remove meat from clams.
4. Pour in the whole can of creamed corn.
5. Add a little water or milk (if you like your chowder creamier) to achieve your desired consistency.
6. When boiling, add in green peas and carrots.
7. Add thyme then season with salt and pepper
8. Keep stirring to make sure the chowder doesn't burn.
This hearty chowder can be a meal by itself. Perfect for a chilly (or rainy) weekend. Enjoy!