27 November 2010

Two For The Road : All That My Eyes Can See


There are so many things to see in London. Old architecture, beautiful parks, stores where humans shop and things that even Mr. B. has never seen before. We recently went to the world-renowned Harrod's. Most humans should know that Harrod's, founded in 1834, is a huge store with over 300 departments occupying more than 1 million square feet.

Anything that one can think imagine must be available in this store - clothes, toys, furniture, books, food - anything at all! Naturally, Mr. B. and I went to two most important sections of the store - the toy shop and the food hall.

The toy department, although not as huge as Hamleys, was good because it was less crowded. They have hundreds of bears but none of them as cute as me. Mr. B. wanted to buy a little stuff dog for me but I refused. Then we went to the food hall which was packed with people having tea or wine, eating or buying food products. There were entire sections for seafood, for fruits and vegetables, for chocolates and sweets, for tea and coffee. We made several rounds admiring all the wonderful sweets. Mr. B. and I couldn't probably tell the difference between "seeing" and "having" because our senses were just filled with all these wonderful aroma and color.

"I wish we can remember all these." I told Mr. B.

"What do you mean?" he asked while checking out the colorful cupcakes in the shelves.

"All that I see now. I want to remember them when I am old." I explained to him.

Indeed I hope that when Mr. B. and I are old someday, we can talk about the day we went to Harrod's and still see the colors and smell the aromas in our mind's eye.

It was a great day.


No comments:

Post a Comment

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails