04 January 2011

Two For The Road : Top Of The World



"Do you think we can see the Funny Farm from up here?" I asked Mr. B.

"Don't be silly. Of course not." he replied chuckling.

Inside the observation capsule on top of London Eye, it seemed to me like I could see the whole world. Everything became so tiny - the Big Ben, Parliament, Westminster Abbey, the cars in the streets, the boats on River Thames, and the people. I felt like so far away from everything. It seemed like none of those little things really mattered at that point. I am in my own world, on top of the world. It felt great and I told Mr. B. how I felt.

"But you have to remember that the huge wheel is turning. We shall be descending real soon." he said.

True enough, our capsule started its slow descent to the ground again even before I was able to enjoy enough of the view from the top. Suddenly, we are back on Earth again. The little people and little cars and little boats became big again.

"I wish we can stay on top forever, Mr. B." I said to him after we left the capsule. "I really like it up there."

"Me too!" Mr. B. replied. "But we must all come back to reality. Like our London Eye flight, or our European tour."

I thought about that for a moment. I felt quite sad to think this all is but a temporary escape from reality. And that we all need to go back again at some point.

4 comments:

Zookeeper said...

You put it into words so well! I know the feeling... The problem is, is can't seem to get myself to go back to reality and face the problems on hand these days... Normally I just go on and on, but this past week I seem to be unable to ignore the fact that I am unhappy in this place.............

Becker said...

dear miss zookeeper: mr. b. said that there are things that we need to face whether we like it or not.

Anonymous said...

wow, London Eye!! One of the place in princess's visit list.
Maybe you can be the tour consultant when princess plan the visit to London.
by panda

Becker said...

oh yes panda, you can consult me when u want to go there. also, there are a lot of people from your province szechuan in london too! you can usually find them queuing outside gucci or louis vuitton stores to buy sale items....

Post a Comment

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails