It's March and in many countries, like the one where I am, are still experiencing cold weather! So if you are hungry, cold and lazy (which usually go together), I have something super delicious, super nutritious and super easy to make. Inspired by the many kinds of soup we had while in Paris, my version of this Beef and Vegetable Soup is one you will really love!
1 medium size carrot, finely diced
1 stalk celery, finely diced
1 medium size potato, finely diced
1/2 onion, finely diced
1/2 cup sweet corn kernels
String beans, cut into 1 cm pieces
1 stalk green onion, finely chopped
1 can diced tomato
250 gm ground beef
Salt and pepper to taste
1. Heat olive oil in a soup pot and saute onions and green onions until transparent.
2. Add in beef and stir until liquid evaporates.
3. Add all the vegetable including diced tomatoes and juices,
4. Pour in chicken stock.
5. Add tarragon and thyme.
6. Cover and simmer for 45 minutes or until vegetables are soft.
7. Add salt and lots of pepper.
Except for the chopping, there is almost nothing much to be done to make this hearty soup! Enjoy it piping hot with slightly toasted baguette. Wonderful!!!!