"You are making soup again?" Mr. B. questioned.
"Why not? Soup is good for you." I replied. "Besides this is so different from what I made 2 weeks ago and it's got all the stuff that is good for you!"
Indeed, our soup this week has vegetables, roots and pulses. Lentil is one of the healthiest food and is easily ignored in Asian cooking. That is why I am presenting this very hearty soup to you. It is easy to make and so flavorful.
1 carrot finely diced
2 stalks of celery finely diced
1/2 onion finely chopped
2 potatoes coarsely diced
2 strips thick bacon diced
Dried tarragon leaves
Salt and pepper
1. In a heavy soup pot, heat olive oil and saute onion until transparent.
2. Add the bacon and stir until the bacon renders some oil
3. Add in carrots and celery and stir for 2 minutes.
4. Add the potato and lentil and stir for 2 minutes.
5. Pour in chicken stock, add tarragon leaves and simmer away.
6. Season with salt and pepper.
Lovely, isn't it? I let Mr. B. have a bowl of my soup and he asked for a second helping. I will have to think about that. Enjoy!